Investigative Post’s reporting has been cited for excellence in nine journalism and other award competitions since it launched in 2012, including six this year.
- Society of Environmental Journalists Dan Telvock, beat coverage, second place, small markets. Details.
- New York State Association of Black Journalists Charlotte Keith, best online spot news story. Details.
- Livingston Awards for Young Journalists Charlotte Keith, finalist. Details.
- Edward R. Murrow Award Jim Heaney, along with Steve Brown of WGRZ, first place for New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey region. Details. Investigative Post stories were also included in WGRZ’s entry for the national Murrow Award it won for best Small Market Television Website. Details.
- Spree Magazine Best Activist Group. Details.
- New York State Associated Press Broadcasters Association Dan Telvock, special mention, investigative reporting. Details.
- Investigative Reporters & Editors Dan Telvock, finalist for multi-platform reporting in small markets. Details.
- New York State Associated Press Broadcasters Association Dan Telvock, first place, investigative reporting. Details.
- New York State Associated Press Broadcasters Association Jim Heaney, honorable mention, special mention, investigative reporting.
Best Investigative Post story of the year
As selected by readers.
- 2015: Housing firm has checkered history, by Dan Telvock.
- 2014: The Scajaquada is a crippled creek, by Dan Telvock.
- 2013: Troubled waters at Gallagher Beach, by Dan Telvock.